So we had the guys/bachelors from the Lodge over for dinner. It was a Friday so that meant Burgers. So I significantly increased the amount of mince. Then as I am wont to do, I cooked some rice for Laki (which is exactly the kind of rice for humans too). I also made kumara chips, in the transit house oven because mine wasn't working.
Then as I was preparing the burgers, Jair said, "Do you think it will be enough? I mean Island boys eat lots!"
Well. That's a good question. So just to be safe, I cut up extra cucumber, served up some of Laki's rice (sorry Laki) and put some tins of chilli tuna on the table as well as everyone's substantial burger. Substantial in that I can only eat two thirds before I'm done.
But, all the burgers got eaten. All the kumara chips got eaten. All the cucumber got eaten. All the tuna got eaten. Lelebit raes stap. A little bit of rice was left over.
Boy, I'm glad we added the extras!

Anyway, we had a great time. Especially fun was playing pass the parcel with Theresa. I mean, we passed her from one guy to the next. They melted - cooing and laughing and talking to her. It was quite cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!
Lauretta