Ok, so this is old news, but I love Saturday morning breakfasts so much that I can't help but share it with you....
Every Saturday morning, I mean all 52 of them, I make Cinnamon Banana Pancakes. Well, I change it sometimes. Occasionally. Seldom. I even made them when we stayed with other people on holiday. They're a family tradition in the Duinkerke household.
So, last week, we were very privileged to have company - Rob and Jemma Lichtendonk. They have come to work at SWIM for six (+ hopefully) months. They are a wonderful couple to have around the base. Especially wonderful to have for breakfast.

So we had a delicious breakfast, nuggets of hot sweet tropical banana melted in soft delicious pancakes smothered in maple syrup... or whatever you wish. Rob and Jemma brought over some much coveted Hagel Slag. Hmmm. I'm surprised the container left with some hagel slag left.
If you happen to be in Honiara on a Saturday morning, do join us for breakfast!
Sounds delicious! Bananas have been over $12 per kilo for months here, due to cyclones and floods in Queensland, so we just haven't been eating any.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes my mouth water! Those bananas in the Solomons were so yummy and sweet ...