
Then it warmed my heart (which is already quite warm, because July is the driest month - mid thirties in the day), that when the team from Bethlehem College came back from a week in the village and a day at sea, one of them said, "oh, it feels like we're coming home." It's an honour that this place would feel like home to others as well.
Then, this week, I splurged and got another taste of my other home. Seven local dollars gave me possession of a kiwi fruit. I'm not sure why I took my kiwifruit spife over here (or is it a knoon?) but it finally got put to use. It was the first time I've eaten a kiwifruit in almost two years (I think). It was sweet, but a tad on the soft side. But still, rather special.


Random fact - it appears that outside of NZ, they call kiwifruit, kiwis. So people talk about eating a kiwi and I get scared - do they mean me or the bird?
Ha ha ha! Don't leave it so long till your next splurge!
ReplyDeleteIt's always good to read how things are going with you all. May God continue to bless you and make you a blessing. Kind greetings. Joanna
ReplyDelete