We're on holidays now and thoroughly enjoying our break.
Unfortunately, (honestly, it's dreadful), I left our camera cable at home in our office in a place I never usually put it. Drats. So that means I can't put any new photos from our holiday onto the blog... unless I can borrow another cable.
So, other topics to talk about apart from holidays?
Well the first is this. Last week when we left the Solomon Islands for our six week holiday, it was like eating curry - a mixed experience. You love the flavour but hate the heat. We were so relieved to be able to go on holiday, but sad to be saying goodbye to two friends who won't be there when we come back.
Rob and Jemma.

They've been living at SWIM since April but are leaving tomorrow, having finished their short term mission with us. When they first came I thought, phough, more ausies. But they were the best Australians I'd ever met (including Karen).
We've had so many good times with them, although Rob's loyalty at the Rugby World Cup was a bit questionable.

Robs joined Jair on crazy endeavours, though I think he won the moustache one. I think Theresa's smiling in this photo at the prospect of them both getting rid of the mo. After that, she loved her uncle Wob Woy again.

Jemma quickly became the wonderful kind of friend with whom you can just talk about anything. Theresa loved playing games and singing and reading stories and learning to walk with her Aunty Jem Joy.

I've been thinking now of some way I can wrap this post up. I just don't know. I love these guys and I'll miss them. We've had a great 8 months living over the field from them. I wish all the people I love could live over the field from us.
including you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!
Lauretta