I'm not sure about you, but my favourite posts are the ones about Theresa. Just because she's just so adorable. Just such a blessing. Just so funny.
Theresa is a very helpful girl. When she gets out of bed in the morning, she gives Laki breakfast and we untie him. Then she climbs into her chair all by herself (her latest skill).

She helps load the washing machine, and hang the washing and hands me pegs. In fact, once we were taking the washing in and someone from the Transit House was hanging his washing up on another line. So Theresa grabbed a fistful of pegs and walked over to him and handed it to him. He was happy - he was going to drape them over the wires. Then she came back for another fistful and gave that to him too. By this stage, I'm worried that I'm totally going to run out of pegs - they perish in the heat so badly that my limited supply is already quickly depleted. But thank you Theresa for being so kind.

She also helps knead things - although the first time I kneaded bread with her, she didn't like the squishiness and was very hesitant to touch it (just like she's hesitant... well, let's say, resistant to touching a chicken).

She touches Laki, other dogs, today she came to me with a bug squished in her fingers, she squirms her fingers through baked beans, but for some reason, touching dough was too gross for her. Until she slipped a small piece in her mouth... and then her love affair with squishy doughs began.
She stands on a chair next to me while I'm doing the dishes and spends the entire time cleaning all the plastic stuff - and pouring water from her sink into my sink.
She helps Jair make a daily fruit frappé and the best part for her is drinking it.

At the end of the day she shakes Laki's hand before he gets his dinner.
And the cutest thing:

she sweeps, with joy! Well, she doesn't really sweep, but she's quite fascinated with the Kastom broom, and when she likes something, she likes it with her usual passionate excitement.
Theresa is just gorgeous! I can see why she lights up your lives - how couldn't she with a grin like that?! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteOh my!! She is growing up so quick - and so cute!!! I love it when they try to copy us... mariesa's latest thing is to grab the duster or hold the vacuum cleaner hose while I'm doing the vacuuming. Love to you three. :)
ReplyDeleteOh! She is adorable and you are richly blessed! Beautiful memories captured here :)
ReplyDelete