What a surprise! I have received the "Versatile Blogger Award" from Hannah at Han Drawn. Sometimes I'm surprised that people read this blog, let alone like it! So thank you very much, Hannah, for your vote of confidence! For those of you who haven't been to Hannah's blog - YOU SHOULD! She is an amazing artist, very creative, very funny, but the best part is she uses her incredible talent to communicate not only the trickiness and sadness of life, but also something of the beauty that God has created in this world.
But I must carry on. As Hannah said, those who receive this award must link back to the blog that gave them the award, list seven things about themselves and give the award to five other blogs.
So tick the box on the first task. Now for the second.
Seven things about me
1. I love iced coffee (I'm drinking one right now - it just feels like the coffee syrup pumps right through to my veins!)
2. I love singing, so it's a great thing to be in the Solomon Islands, surrounded by some of the best natural singers in the world!
3. One of my middle names is a Te Reo Maori name and both my middle names are common words from the Bible.
4. I can't deny this: I can't stop myself from making things - things that are sewn, food, cards, drinks, random crafty things. My fingers itch to create!
5. Last year I read a novel in Dutch (even though I only understood about 40% of it) and by the end of the novel, I even had a dream in Dutch!!
6. I think the best way to combat the problem of the "Mummy Brain" is to read books on theology, doctrine and worldview. It works a treat!
7. I am an introvert.
Ok, now for five other blogs that I want to award. These are my favourite blogs (as well as Han Drawn).
1. Talia I love this blog because I love the way Talia tells the story of her day to day life. She has such a humble and beautiful way of testifying to God's work in her life. And it's full of amazing photography. And she's got a really cute baby!
2. Family Five Leaves I met Lorina in 2011 when she and her family came to the Solomon Islands for a visit. I love reading about daily life in a two thirds world country. Reading their blog I think even when you're far away from people geographically, you can still be right next door through a blog!
Breanne Another blog I enjoy reading about daily life. I love watching Breanne and her family grow through the seasons of life. I appreciate her perspective on what is precious and important in life.
A Holy Experience Whenever I go on this blog, I come away feeling refreshed and centred again on Christ. Definitely a must-read blog (although I must admit, I always mute the music!).
A Beautiful Mess This is where I get my crafty inspiration. Love it!
So, that's that. I love the way people can connect through blogs - the way you can be encouraged and inspired by other people's lives.
I understand some of my readership is male, so sorry for you, I'm not sure how interested you'll be in these blogs, although I definitely encourage you to have a look. You might get some good recipe ideas, or hints on dealing with your toddlers, or how to get that vintage look that you've always wanted ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!
Lauretta