Sunday, April 3, 2011

Melbourne to Sydney... I love GPS


The third leg of our journey included an incredibly early start (so early that I got this sunrise shot from the airplane) to Melbourne. Theresa travelled ok and then nestled in to the front pack after we arrived in Melbourne.


With her sleeping, we decided to check out a Christian book store near the flinders street train stop. Then armed with Jon Foreman's Spring and Summer c.d., we re-boarded the train. Travelling by train was fun with Theresa because you don't need to worry about car seats and stuff. She was curiously watching Melbourne whizz by.
We picked up Kevin and Machi's car, stopped for coffee at their daughters' place, and then another coffee at a Solomon Islanders' friend of ours' place (I'm not sure if that sentence was grammatic... but I'm in a rush...). Then we punched "SYDNEY" into the Navman... and off we drove with nothing but a few cars and the open road before us.

Driving to Sydney from Melbourne was a fun way to see a bit of Australia, although, admittedly, it was the same thing the whole way - fields of dry grass with a few cute black cows and a small town every hour. But it was good. Theresa slept nicely in the car, although by the time we got to Sydney she was a bit sick of hanging out and sleeping in the car seat.

Since then we've been staying at Simon and Lyd's house. It's been very enjoyable. We were lucky enough to even celebrate Simon's birthday with him today. Yay.

Today, we had an eventful day, having ice cream at Cronulla (couldn't get "Cruella de Vil, Cruella de Vil... if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will..." from 101 dalmatians out of my head), fixing their golf and travelling in a tunnel. Cool.

Thus ends part three of our holiday.

2 comments:

  1. It is so exciting to think that we will soon see you again. Is there any chance we can book you in for a meal and a visit? We can come and collect you if transport is a problem. I don't know how long you will be in the bay and how busy you are...
    I remember the same impression of road travel in Australia. The only variety was the occassional presence of a gum tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo of Simon and Lydia with Theresa!

    ReplyDelete

Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!

Lauretta