Sunday, February 19, 2012

good heaps

This is a good sign:



It means that one day soon, very soon, in fact, the road is going to be fixed. With all the rain we've had, plus the usual wear and tear of big trucks going up and down the dirt road all day, the road gets pretty atrociously bumpy.

You can always judge it by how much any extra fat on your body wobbles around while you drive over the bumps.

There's been a lot of wobbling and jiggling lately.

And when there's a lot of wobbling and jiggling it wears you out so much physically. The road and traffic in Honiara has been so bad lately, I'm very tempted at learning how to "drive" the little boat we have here at SWIM, and drive( ok, what is it that little boats do? they don't sail, because they don't have a sail but an OBM?? I'm confused!!) over to Point Cruz - the centre of town, moor it up by the yacht club, do all my errands/shopping etc in town, then swim (?) back to my boat and drive (?) back to SWIM. Great plan...

Anyway, but now I won't need to because it's stopped raining and someone (not the council - probably one of the local trucking businesses) has decided that the road is bad enough for them to fix. Yay.

The second thing I noticed when I was back in NZ for a holiday was... how smooth the roads were. Amazing that you can drive anywhere and you don't spend your whole time getting from A-B avoiding potholes.

Lovely.

And now, we are going to have a few less potholes around here too!


1 comment:

Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!

Lauretta