Tuesday, March 27, 2012

finally, after two years!


Two years ago, soon after we first got here we planted some pineapples. You see when you buy a pineapple from the market, you can opt to have the "head" - the spikey leafy bits, on or taken off. In NZ, they're not allowed to import them and you get a cute mask with your pineapple (or at least, I did when I got it last).

Anyway, I opt to have the heads left on so that I can replant it. So two years ago I planted about 5 pineapple heads. 3 died, but two survived and over the last two years have grown and grown more spikier and leafier.

And then, the "other" day I noticed this:


A pineapple is growing! I don't know how long it will take to ripen, it's quite small at the moment. But isn't that exciting! our very own home grown pineapple!

3 comments:

  1. Eeee!! That's so exciting! Your very own grown pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! I bet it will be super tasty when it's grown because you'll be able to pick it at the perfect time. Yummy, fresh pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That becomes a cheap as pineapple - way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!

Lauretta