Friday, October 10, 2014

in a flash

So I just realised that I haven't blogged since Kiraua turned six months and now he's almost a year old. Needless to say, the last six months have gone by in a flash. 


Kiraua learned to push himself up.


Then he got his first hair cut.


Got his first Sunday Shirt.


Learnt all about Mud.


And learnt how to crawl.



Meanwhile, Theresa attended a wedding and so her imaginative play took that as its focus for a while. 


She's been doing school with me too in the mornings and now can write numbers (she loves that 6 is an upside down 9, and absolutely delights in squiggling an 8), she's learned about countries and maps, starred in a movie (Jonah: Obey Straightaway),  soaked up Shirley Hugh's lovely stories and sits at her desk and draws delightful pictures of everyone.



She loves climbing into Kiraua's cot and playing with him or reading to him.


And as much as there are little squabbles and the usual sibling rivalry, this brother and sister love each other. 





















4 comments:

  1. Your children are so beautiful. Isn't it the most amazing thing to watch siblings growing together? I love it too. We're looking forward to meeting wee Kiraua one day. (When you come back and live in Hamilton, aye?) ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of you this past week, what with both of your babes having birthdays. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!

Lauretta