Thursday, August 11, 2011

SWIM GYM

In the interests of keeping healthy, and encouraging lively friendship amongst his mates, Jair, and some of the locals here, Gerry and Philip, when Philip still lived here, started a gym.


It's really quite cool. It amazes me - the things you can do with concrete and old baby formula tins. No one has an excuse not to have a good set of weights if you can get hold of those two things. After using the weights for a while, they decided to weigh them to see how much they really weighed...

they were heavier than expected...

but that's a good thing, right?

They used to have gym sessions in the morning but people got a bit slack and didn't turn up. You can't do weights by yourself either. So now Jair gears the guys up in the afternoons to do it and they have a good gym session. As far as I understand this one...

is 80 kilos all up.


Theresa came with me when I went to take photos - but every time I took a photo of her, she did this:
Cheeky girl! ;)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Theresa's cheeky little face in the last photo! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Make this post a conversation! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!

Lauretta